What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is simply helping people participate in the things they want and need to do each day. Sometimes it involves helping children with disabilities participate fully in school and social situations; other times it includes helping adults who have been injured to regain skills to continue to ensure their independence.
For a free physician referral, please call TriStar MedLine® at (615) 342-1919
Occupational therapy can help with:
- Orthopedic injuries and disorders
- Neurological disorders
- Work-related injuries
Occupational Therapists in Ashland City
At TriStar Ashland City, our occupational therapists help individuals who need specialized assistance in achieving functional independence. Patients affected by sickness, accidents or disabling conditions are treated through therapeutic exercise, daily living activities and cognitive training.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Assessment of living and/or working environment and adaptation recommendations
- Treatment of traumatic or repetitive injuries of the hands and/or upper extremities
- Aid in improving endurance through energy conservation and work simplification techniques
- Therapy to improve motor development, self-concepts, communication skills and activities of daily living